While I Am Away...



Just to give you a little something to look at while I am away. It is something than can be plain, easy and simple, or more work involved while more elaborate with fun creative things added.

Have you ever heard of BULLET JOURNALING?

If you go to YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram, there are a ton of photos. videos and blogs out there to give you all the information you want. There are minimalist Bullet Journalers, and those that love to decorate from a little to a lot using what ever interests them. Some may look a little more like a scrapbook. others like a doodle pad, some like a sketchbook or include watercolour images, and others yet that love to use colour via tomboy markers. I have even come across some that use their stamps and ink pad in their Bullet Journals.

I have been experimenting in an extra Bullet Journal notebook and since I have a lot of stamps and love what you can do with them all, especially colouring them in. I found however, that with all dark ink colours, the stamped images either seep through the paper or ghost heavily. The same goes for the darker markers one may use. I do not recommend comic colouring as that will always seep through no matter the colour. What does work though is something that many colouring people will love. Coloured pencils work beautifully, and water colour if you do not use too much water. You can also watercolour on watercolour paper and then attach it inside your journal.

One thing that I found I love to do is search out quotes memes and print them off in 5 x 7, 4 x 6. or wallet sized onto sticker paper. I cut them up, and whenever I want one in my Bullet Journal, or'BuJo" as many will say, I will peel off the backing and place them where ever I want.

Without further ado, let me show you the very first page of my BuJo. The "Happy 2018" page.



For this page I used a background stamp from My Favourite Things called "Etched Flower Background". I coloured it in using Spectrum Noir Aquablend (Watercolour) pencils and a blender pen rather then an Aqua water brush. I had great fun doing this while I watched MeTV.

How did I get the white space in the enter? I masked that space using a couple of Post-It notes that I trimmed down a bit, stamping over it and then removing the mask to colour. Then when completed I used a black marker to create the frame.

I almost caught at the hand lettering here, because I think I have improved somewhat since I did this one. It wasn't until after I stamped the image that I noticed the stamp had gone over the right edge of the page onto the page underneath. Next time I start a new BOJO I will remember that first page issue.

OK. That's it for today. If you want to see what come next in the BuJo set up come back tomorrow for a peek.

Happy creating!







  • My Favourite Things stamp "Etched Flower Background"
  • Spectrum Noir Aquablend Pencils - Naturals
  • Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Pencils - Florals


No comments: