Scrap Addicts Edmonton Sweet Sentiments Double Layout

Hello everyone!

In case you missed my big announcement, I shared some exciting news about being asked to be a Guest Instructor for Scrap Addicts in Edmonton, Alberta for an event they are having in February! I was asked to work with Graphic 45's newest collections, Couture and Sweet Sentiments. Can you imagine... to be asked to create classes using the paper of your favorite company!! They must have a lot of Graphic 45 fans to make that request. Graphic 45 fans of Edmonton, here I come! (If you'd like to check out Scrap Addicts in Edmonton's blog, click here.)

I'm sure you want to see the layout I created for this event class.


This layout hides well the fact that there are 17 layers! There is something out of balance with this layout, and I think I figured it out. Sometimes, you don't see things until you think you've finished and taken a gazillion pictures! So I will make a few slight changes to rectify it.

Aren't the colors just so beautiful?

To save time at the event class I didn't ink all the paper edges. I did use Tim Holtz Vintage Photo, lightly on the banner strips, the stamp cut outs, and around all the fussy cutting edges, but the rest is left clean.

Let's look at each side of the layout. First the left side. This is the one where the balance is off. I should have positioned the card with the young girl and the deer differently. It breaks the nice flow to the flowers onto the next page too much. It just needs to be tucked in more and at a different angle.


Since I used photos from over the past two years where I'm teaching classes, the colors were all over the spectrum, so I decided to print them in B&W and that way they didn't clash with the colours of the beautiful paper.

Let's have a closer look at the right side of the layout, too.


Just love those two darling little girls! Thought they'd work fine with the theme of the layout. In this photo you can see that one of the strips I notched it differently from the others. I thought I might try the Envelope Punch board from We R Memory Keepers, but I decided it wasn't as fast as I thought it would be and went back to the scissors.

The next few photos are close ups to show some details closer up.







In these next photos you can get a better idea of the all the layers and the fussy cutting dimension & layers.





I'm so looking forward to teaching this class in Edmonton and meeting other Graphic 45 fans!

Thank you for stopping by to have a look and leaving your comments, especially to any new viewers from Edmonton!




  • Cardstock: Bazzill Lagoon & Walnut
  • Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 "Sweet Sentiments" 12 x 12
  • Ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo & Pumice Stone
  • Tools: We R Memory Keepers Doiley Mini-8 Punch

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to taking this class and hoping the ladies at Scrap Addicts enjoyed doing the fussy cutting for this "out-of-town" gal!