My Graphic 45 Couture Came!

I was so excited when my Graphic 45 Couture paper came the other day. I've been waiting for what seemed like forever, and now it's finally here! It looks even more beautiful in real. I have several projects in mind for this line and immediately set out to prepare for one of the projects. I decided to tackle one of the larger projects for something that I can't tell you about just yet. But, I can tell you that it takes 34 sheets of the Couture paper as well as a whole pack of Bazzill Cardshoppe Licorice Twist, and 3 sheets of 12 x 12 black chipboard!

I cut up most of the paper in preparing to assemble it this big project. I decided however that I needed to get some different ribbon. So that means until I can get it, that project is on hold because I can't go any further. Rats! So, since I have all my Christmas cards completed, and more (made between teaching the Christmas Club classes all year long, as well as being on the DT for Christmas Card Challenges until last month), I was free to make a non-Christmas card for a change using the 8 x 8 version of Couture!

So without further ado, here it is.


As you can see, since the 5 x 7 card is thick with popped up layers, I decided to make a card box to encase the card and protect it. This would make a beautiful Valentine card too.

So let's have a closer look, shall we.


The box is 1/2" thick and has a belly band to keep it closed. I used 1 1/2 sheets of the 8 x 8 "Gorgeous". The Anniversary oval and hearts are popped up with black foam dimensionals. The Cream oval is from the 6 x 6 pad, while the medium sized oval is die cut from Bazzill Red Rock.

To create the hearts, I took a scrap after cutting what I needed for the card and box, and glued it onto 100# black cardstock. Before the glue dried, which would make it harder, I punched four hearts out with a Martha Stewart Heart punch and used a black marker around the edge to hide the white paper core. Then came the Glossy Accents, and I set it side to dry.


Once they were dry, I used my paper piercer to punch a hole through. The oval sentiment also has two holes pierced in it. The black floss is fed through the holes of the oval as one piece. The hanging ends are then used to attach the hearts onto, and then popped up with black dimensionals.


You'll see that the edges of the Couture paper is all edged in black to cover the white paper core. I did the same on the card.


 You can see that the oval sentiment and hearts are repeated on the card. Again I did one of my favorite things; fussy cutting! The fashionable woman, the rose, the lace and floral strip, hearts (from the back) and the roses are from one 8 x 8 sheet (Couture). The Red Rock cardstock is used again, both on the outside and the inside which you'll see in the next photo. The background pattern paper is the back of the 8 x 8 "Style" and both the Red Rock and the pattern paper I traced one of the Grand Labels Eleven and trimmed slightly less with each layer since the black card base was die cut using the same die.

Maybe I should mention that the woman is popped up with two layers of dimensionals, while the oval, hearts, and roses only have one layer.


Here is the inside of the card. Sorry that it may be a little on the blurry side.


These stamps that you see here are cut from the same sheet as the woman was cut from. I added Glossy Accents to the red balls of the ear ring at the top stamps, and Star Dust Stickles to the diamond hearts entwined brooch at the bottom stamps.

So I hope that you enjoyed your little walk through on the making of this card. I just love the beautiful colours of this line and the wonderful fashions depicted that are from my grandmother's time.

2 comments:

Blanca ramirez said...

beatiful, happy holidays

Ruth Ann Hager said...

Do you have a tutorial for this? How to make the box? And what die did you use for the card?