Faith - My Last DT Inspiration for Christmas Card Challenges

Hello everyone!

It's time to post my DT inspirational card for the last time. My six months of designing a weekly Christmas card for Christmas Card Challenges has come to an end. The challenge for this week is to design a card using "Faith" as the theme. Designing a card based on the whole reason we celebrate Christmas is very special. I decided to go with mostly cream with a touch of gold and green.


This card is made entirely with scraps and I'm very happy with the outcome.

Dies for this project were Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Squares and Circles, as well as Sprig With Berries by Elizabeth Craft Designs Dies. The stamp is an old JustRite stamp that I think is no longer available. The 1/4" organza ribbon in olive and pale gold work out wonderfully with the colours. I wondered about putting jingle bells on the card, but the card needed a little more gold than just the gold embossing, and they are thought of a part of Christmas.

The following photos are just different views of the 5 1/2" square card to show the layers and how it was constructed. I wanted to make a card box to go with it, but I didn't have the time. If I still get to it before Christmas, I'll post it and link it to this posting.





Thank you so much for checking in on me today and having a look at this week's challenge design. Stop by the Christmas Card Challenges blog to view this week's design team inspiration, or click below to visit their blog.

Alanna -  DT coordinator 
Sabrina - That's me!
Sparkle-- Owner
Happy Christmas card making!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I don't usually comment on DT members blogs (shame on me, I know), but I just had to come over from the Christmas Card Challenges blog to tell you that this card is gorgeous!!! The fleur di lis die is one of my favorites and I love how you have layered it with those pine sprigs. I am actually going to pin it because I think it is so stunning! THanks for the inspiration.