Christmas Card Challenge #31 - Paper Piecing

Hello everyone!

Sorry to be posting this a little late, but with my daughter and her family coming for a visit from Calgary a day earlier thn expected, I just kind of forgot to schedule this post in time for this morning.

This week at Christmas Card Challenge #31 we are paper piecing! I love the look of paper piecing but don't do it often enough and was glad for the chance to be challenged with this technique for the challenge. What I like about the CCC challenges is that you don't have to create a card using the technique or inspiration given each week as long as you make a Christmas card. But for me the fun is in the challenge. So here is my card for the paper piecing challenge.

 

I just love this Stampavie "Mice Under the Mistletoe" stamp!  I used my Spectrum Noir markers to colour three layers for the mice, and to cut out the rug and their clothes from the Simple Stories "Handmade Holiday" 6 x 6 pad. The Spectrum Noir markers are also used to create a little more depth on the paper pierced clothes. I combined the use of MFT "Rounded Banners" and Spellbinder's Labels Twenty for the red matting of the shortened "Rounded Banners" used on the white.

I'm writing this while one of my grand-daughter sleeps a few feet away from me. Grandchildren are so wonderful to have, and I wish they lived closer to me, or I to them.

Thank you so much for checking out my DT inspirational card for Christmas Card Challenge #31.
You can also check out the other DT challenge submissions on their blogs below.

Alanna -  DT coordinator 
Sabrina - That's me!
Sparkle-- Owner

Happy creating everyone!



2 comments:

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful Sabrina. I love the colour paper and cute image.

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Sabrina! I am so thrilled to hear that you have joined this challenge Design Team. They are lucky to have you!