Spectrum Noir June Challenge - Summer - Entry #2

-TWO POSTS TODAY! Another fun Spectrum Noir Summer challenge entry

Hello blog friends! This is a card that you already have seen earlier today, but I had in mind to enter it for the June Summer Challenge as well. I just had to post my class first.This is what Spectrum Noir has to say about their challenge -

                Our June 2013 challenge is all about SUMMER.  Create any card or project, 
                use your Spectrum Noir pens to color your image, make sure it has a summer
                theme (you can color a summery image, use colorful patterned/backing papers,
                summer-themed embellishments…whatever you choose!), and you can play
                along with us!

Bright, Summer colours is a challenge for me, but I ended up having fun with it. I used a free digital vintage stamp that I had saved over a year ago, and gray scaled it so it wouldn't look like a colouring book with black lines.





I was so pleased at how well the reflection in the water turned out. My first try at refection!

I don't often do anything with the insides of the cards I make, but now that I use more 6 x 6 pads, rather than throw out some of the scraps, I use them in the inside now. Sometimes I still forget...after years of not....


A list of the markers used are below.Thank you for looking again. Have a great day!






These are the markers used in the colouring of this image.

Skin: FS3, FS2, EB1, & FS6 for the cheeks
Girl's Hair: TN2, TN7, TN8
Girl's Dress: BT7, BT5, BT4
Girl's Apron & Bonnet: CT4, CT3, CT1
Boy's Hair: EB2, GB8, GB10
Boy's Shirt: DG4, CG2, CG1
Boy's Shorts: GB10, CG8
Boy's Neckerchief: BT5, BT4, BT2
Girl's Pail & Shovel: CR11, CR10, CR8, Blender
Rocks: EB7, EB2, EB1
Grass: DG4, DG3, CG2
Sand: TN2, GB8, EB2, EB1
Water: BT7, BT5, BT4, BT2, BT1, EB1, EB2
Boats: EB7, EB2, TN2, IG1, Blender

2 comments:

Melissa T. said...

Your coloring is wonderful! And I like the idea of using grey scale to print digital images. :)

Paula S. said...

Beautiful! The grayscale makes the outlines almost disappear and gives the image a very nice loose, watercolor effect. Great tip on using the scraps for the inside too. I've recently starting switching over to using 6x6 pads exclusively and will definitely have to remember that.