Interactive Circular Chipboard Album

- a fun project, and something I've wanted to make for myself for quite a while!

Hello everyone! I'm here to show you a fun project for a class where we use Echo Park's Circular Chipboard Interactive Album. I used My Mind's Eye Collectable "Memorable" collection making this a 'girly' or spring/summer project.

 
This is what it looks like before I started. It has these fun pull outs for each of the three pages in the album and comes with the rings. I painted the edges white before covering it all with the beautiful papers.

I've always wanted to make a little album that didn't have many pages so that I could showcase a couple of more recent photos for each of my five children and their families. That way I would have something to go to that had them all in one album. I thought this project fit the bill for the Echo Park ablum.

I thought that I wanted to something a little different than a bunch of flowers on the the album as is tradtionally seen with this kind of a project, and since the focus was 'family', I thought"hearts"! Why not use the circle theme along with hearts? And this is what I now have.
Front Cover...
 Front cover pull out ... I used for an intro (journaling)


Opened to view double pages...


You can see that I used photos in a 4 x 6 size, which I usually don't like to do. But for  me, it worked very well in this project.

The first page is for my eldest, Dana, and her three children...


I continue with the circles and hearts throughout the album. Each little circle and heart has faux stitching around the edges, as well as the pages themselves.

I also used Library cards, which are archival and acid free, etc., matted to make my journaling tags tucked in behind all the photos on the pages.


The next page is for my oldest son and his family...First we see my lovely daughter-in-law with the girls.


The 4 x 6 photos fit perfectly in the pull outs of the album.

As we turn the page, we have the page for my daughter Eva and her family, and then my youngest son and his girlfriend. Unfortunately I couldn't find a photo of Eva and her husband with their two children, so I ended up using my grandchildren's latest photos until I can insert a better one.


That's my newest grandchild, Wyatt, in the cute bunny ears for Easter.... Let's see the pull out.


That's his big sister Claire, who will be turning 6 soon. The punched circles and hearts, and the library card tags continue throughout.

Here's the pull out of my younger son's page...with his beautiful girlfriend...


Sorry about the glare on the photograph.

The last page is for my youngest daughter. Just her in the photos, and wouldn't you know it that when I resign myself to using photos that are a couple years old, after the fact, there are suddenly new photos of her I could have used! Oh well, I can use them for another project.


Because I have a photo on the back I created another page by tracing the shape onto two pieces of cardstock and gluing them together. (The class will get a better matching cardstock. I didn't have any at the at the time I made this.)


Because both photos were landscape, I had to square this one off and tuck the journaling tag in differently than all the others.

...and this is what the back looks like...


Well that's it for this project. But, I do have a little run through video that you might like to watch.

Hmmm, having problems again...so here's the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMtsTxTsoMs&feature=youtu.be

 Thank you for checking to have a peek. Happy papercrafting!

1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

As I said before, Mom, this is amazing!