Shadow Box - Authentique Remembrance

- unique colours and versatile collection make this line fun to work with

Hello blog friends! Today I'd like to share with you a future shadow box class. I love making shadow boxes, especially those that encase a precious photo. Here is what I came up with.

Oops, forgot to check my camera settings again. They look fine in Picasa though. Sorry for the blur...again!

Because this occasion was a western style wedding celebration, I thought adding the twine, lasso style, would be a nice touch. These are my children! The young man on the right, isn't really mine, but being the best friend of my oldest son on the left, he was over often and considered family. So after several years, it was nice to see them all together again.

There is one design in this collection that I simply had to fussy cut and roughly colour in just a bit of colour.


Beautiful paper, isn't it. 


I used Fantastix and my ink pads to lightly add some colour. You can use the pen nibs I put in the photo, as well. Once I get all my Spectrum Noir, I'd use them.

So, let me show you some close ups. Hopefully they won't be too blurry.


The "My Favorite Memories" card, is a tag that can be pulled out and written on.


You can better see all the layers of these fussy cut pieces I used on the left side here.



Can you see that the purple pinstripe layer is popped up? Next is the photo with the twine lasso.


I put the year on the photo in Picasa. Love that program. Here is another view.


Well that's it for the detail shots. Now, which one do I give this to? The Groom? Or should I make one for all of my children do you think?
Thank you for stopping by to have a look.  Have fun making your own shadow box!


Tools & Supplies:

PAPER: Authentique Remembrance, Bazzill - Dusk & (forgot the name of the green!)
INK: Tim Holt Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters & Dew Drop VersaMagic Eggplant
Tim Holtz paper distresser, Pop Dots, Hemp Twine, Fantastix

2 comments:

Tigriswillreign said...

A great picture of everyone but me! ;) I can't believe you cut out all those leaves! Oh wait, yes I can! Do you recommend those little coloring sticks or the nibs or both?

Sabrina said...

What do you mean everyone but you...I think you look great! And not beause I'm your Mom, either.

I highly recommend having both. The Fantastix come in both a bullet or brush point. I prefer the brush point. They can be used for dry or wet colouring. To clean these you just rub off as much of the ink as you can on a clean rag or paper towel. Before using it again later, be sure to check that none of the previous ink comes off because it can mix with whatever the current colour choice may be. For this reason I like to have one for each ink colour. They do tend to soften up quickly and be more for a rustic fill in than for detail.

For more detail and fine work I would use the pen nibs. You can also get a brush-like holder that the nibs insert into so that you have a longer handle to work with. These too can be ued wet or dry with ink pads, or ink refillers, etc. These I think clean better as it is rcommended that you put them in water and clean them, then let them dry.

Hope that answers your question. :)