April Monochromatic Card Class

-Monthly class in creating 4 A7 cards, each a different monochromatic colour scheme

For April's class I chose the colours of orange, green, gray, and blue. I love working in monochromatic colour schemes. And this month we will create cards from the elaborate multi-layered card to the clean and simple (CAS) card. These are they.


I think I need to recheck my camera. I think the settings must have inadvertently changed, because they seem to be a little on the fuzzy side lately.

Any way, let's take a closer look at the orange "Congrats!!" card.


This one is bright, warm and cheerful as it congratulates the receiver. It could even be a graduation card. I used three different oranges in cardstock going toward the orange browns in the choice of ribbon and leaves. You'll note that I covered the white sentiment circle entirely with Stardust Stickles. I had thought originally to cover just the letters, but thought that I should break out of that mold and maybe try filling the entire circle with stickles.

A sightly more side view.


There are an awful lot of Cantaloupe Liquid Pearls on this card, and I was happy that they seem relatively the same size and are well spaced. I hope you can see the layers from this view. If not, here is another view that may better help.


I think this next card is my favorite of the four.


I should make square cards more often. I always seem to like them. This simple gingham is very appealing, homey and comfy. The simple Spellbinder's frames in white work well with the diagonal gingham. The foliage and butterfly are the perfect accent in the upper left corner of the card.

I added Glossy Accents on the leaves to look like dew drops, and put a light layer of Stardust Stickles on the butterfly using Platinum Liquid Pearls for the head and body of the butterfly.


You can see that the frames are popped up on the card, but the next photo shows it even better.


With the gray card, I took four 4 1/2" doilies, cut them in half, and cone rolled them.


The dies for this card are from MFT Die-Namics Well Worn Greeting. By cone rolling the doilies it make them appear much more lacy and ruffly.


Sorry about the blur, but at least you can see how full the doilies look this way. I just realized I forgot to put o the Stardust Stickles on the edges of the diolies! I wanted to add a little sparkle on them. I'll add it on before class.


The last card, the blue one, is I think my second favorite. I used the ink resist technique on the card. I also decided that instead of popping up the sentiment, I would do the reverse.


In heat embossing in white I used the MFT Inspired By Flowers set 3, and used Time Holtz Distress inks, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, & Chipped Sapphire in inking the paper.

Let's check out this CAS card from another angle as well.


Well that's it for this set of monochromatic cards. I look forward to May's class. Well my blog friends, I hope you found some inspiration here, and I thank you for stopping by today. Happy crafting!






No comments: