Sold Before Getting Very Far In It's Creation!

This is not a class posting! You must get tired of seeing only my class projects being posted.

There are times when teaching some classes where I have a little time while class participants are busy working away without need of my help. So I decided to have something to work on for those quiet times while I teach. Recently, I decided to work on a double page Christmas layout and sell it. I had gotten to where I had completed the three layers for the background and framing, had die cut a whole lot of Spellbinders Layered Poinsettias and was brushing on a bit of white gesso here and there. One of the class participants sitting near me asked what I was doing. When I explained it to her, she said "Sold!" I hadn't even gotten the layout to the point of seeing anything in place! She was determined she wanted it sight unseen.


My only worry is that at times I have a tendency to over do the page embellishments, and this may just be one of those times. I mean the main focus is supposed to be the photos, and not the embellishments, right? Well I hope she likes it.

As you can see these are not traditional Christmas colours. The Bazzill cardstock I used were Walnut and Cinnabar. That Cinnabar is a beautiful colour.

Here are some closer looks.

 The tree is a Laser Cut chipboard tree that I dabbed white gesso onto and then scribbled on some Star Dust Stickles. Here's a little closer look at the tree.


You'll note that I also added the same Stickles to the punched out snowflakes. I love the winding and looping of the ribbon throughout the layout. Let's have a closer look at the right of the layout where the journaling strips are.


Next is the center bottom of the layout, where you ca see how I seamed the ribbon between the two pages.


And, you can see some of the doodle framing I did. I think my white gel pen is beginning to dry out. Lastly, you can see the Poinsettias a little closer.


I think next time I'll try to keep the white gesso down a bit too. I applied it to each piece before assembling them, so If I do it after the entire page it together it might look better. Another thing I might do differently is to have the tree on the left up with the Poinsettias below it rather than on top of it, and have the journaling strips lower.

So there you have it. Thank you for stopping to have a look. I hope to have more classes and more projects like this to post soon.

Happy crafting, and Happy Thanksgiving to all our U.S. friends!


Tools & Supplies

Spellbinders - Romantic Rectangles & Layered Poinsettia
Martha Stewart Punches - Alpine & Arctic Snowflakes
Stickles - Star Dust & Ruby Slipper
Paper - Bazzill Walnut & Cinnabar, Upsy Daisy's Hot Chocolate - Dash Away
Ribbon - Offay 1/4" Fern Microcheck
Stamp - unknown
VersaMark

5 comments:

Laurie said...

What a gorgeous layout Sabrina! I love those kraft flowers!

Sabrina said...

Thank you Laurie. I love your creative works. You always amaze me.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Are you kidding me? This is so fabulous, she is obviously going to love it and I do not think it's over done at all, it's Christmas for heaven sakes! lol. I love it!!!!

Tigriswillreign said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Mom!

Unknown said...

This is one gorgeous layout! No wonder it sold so quickly! ;o)