Make A Wish - FMS 41

Just under the gun! I hade this made yesterday, but forgot to post it right away. I got the photo onto the blog before linking and writing with just 2 miutes to spare!! I've never been that close before.

Anyway, while in Calgary visiting with Dana and the grandchildren, we went shoppping for bedroom bedding and window coverings for Dana's room. While shopping, we both saw a bedroom set that Dana's youngest sister, my youngest daughter, would love. Dana took a photo of it right there and sent to Lerina's phone. A while later, Lerina texted us back with something like "Cool!"

With Lerina's 24th birthday on the 21st, I decided to use that bedroom set as inspiration. Lerina's favorite colour is black and then any colour that goes with it. Though I think red with black is her favorite combo.  So here is the card.


I'm a little unhapy with this photo because the flash went off. But since I had made this card yesterday, and sent it off this morning, I no longer have the card to retake photos.

I used the sketch, as closley as I could, from Freshly Made Sketches 41, and here is the image of the bedroom set I found online.

With the ribbon only being 1 1/2" wide, I was not able to keep as closely to the sketch as I wanted, because I had to use the lacing from the cushion on the card. That is something else that Lerina likes.
Here is the closeup of just the cushion.

I used white eyelets on the plaid ribbon and uses a black 1/8 inch ribbon to feed through them.

Here are closeup photos of the card below.











Thank you so much for checking in to have a peek.





TOOLS & SUPPLIES

STAMPS: Flourishes Fanciful Flourishes, Heidi Grace Winnerfred Street
INK: VersaMark, Tim Holtz Fired Brick, & Pumice,  Color Box Cranberry, & Memento Tuxedo Black
white eyelets
Crop-a-dial II Big Bite
1 1/2" Red Plaid ribbon & 1/8" black satin ribbon
Wood Button unknown

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a unique and creative card! I love the plaid! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the lacing and the plaid! So pretty!

Tigriswillreign said...

So cool!!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fun interpretation of the sketch! And I love your inspiration photos and how you combined the two! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!