A Happy Hello - CR84FN-58 & Freshly Made Sketches 42


I love it when when I can find a little time to participate in challenges! Especially when I get in a real creative zone! Today, I'm entering the challenges by CR84FN58 because I love the inspiring colour combo, one that challenges me, and Freshly Made Sketches 42 with their inspiring sketch.



I made this card to bring along on a visit to an elderly woman newly moved into a retirement home. She is also new to out congregation, and I wanted to give a little something when I go to see her next week. I hope she finds it to be a bright , cheerful, and happy greeting.

This card was also made up entirely out of scraps!

I would also like to mention that these beautiful carnation-like flowers I made after viewing Clare Buswell's tutorial here. Clare made it look so easy! I think that they will come together more quickly with repetition. Here is a close up of the carnations.


Thank you for popping by to have a look at my post, and hope that you have a great day. Oh, and happy crafting, too!






TOOLS & SUPPLIES


PAPER: scraps
STAMPS: Flourishes Medallion Motif (Sentiment)
INK: Memento Black Tuxedo
DIES: Splellbinders - Foliage & Tim Holtz (Sizzix) Tattered Florals








July 10, 2012  

Wow! I was chosen as the Queen of Clean today by Jen T at Freshly Made Sketches! Thank you Jen. It is always an honor when your design is chosen or mentioned at challenges. Thank you.


20 comments:

Teresa Zuehls said...

Beautiful card...so bright and cheery! Your flowers turned out so pretty and I love the pattern papers you used. TFS

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... love super fabulous flowers .. love your stylish card ... the pops of red are so striking ... love it!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Linda Suarez said...

Stunning! I love, love this card Sabrina! The colors are bright and cheery and those flowers are fabulous! Your new friend will absolutely love it. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tigriswillreign said...

So cheery! I see you still favor tons of layers! lol! ;)

Sabrina said...

I did try, Dana, but it just didn't look right until I backed everything with a red border. Maybe another time?

Tigriswillreign said...

Don't get me wrong, the layers are lovely! Just teasing about your tendencies. ;)

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love those hand made flowers, clean layout, and fab layers, stunning card!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Jen Brum said...

Oh my! What a beautiful card! Those flowers are just stunning! So bright and cheery! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

This is so striking! I love the red and the flowers are fantastic! Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

I love everything about this card! Those flowers are stunning and I love the colors and details. Really well done! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Deborah Frings said...

A lovely clean and simple layout, I do like the papers, but your flowers are just fab!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Shannon White said...

So Pretty and Cheery all at the same time! Love the Wonderful flowers you created! Wow! Just Beautiful! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh my goodness! Those flowers are absolutely stunning! I love the color combo, as well. All around fabulous! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sabrina! Fab mix of patterned papers and pretty blooms! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Pia S said...

What a beautiful and classy card! The color combination is striking and your flowers are so decorative. Well done!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Congrats on your win at FMS!!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Such a fun and card and such beautiful blooms!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the summery feel to it!
Congrats on getting your crown! ;o)

Allisa said...

Your flowers are stunning! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Clare said...

Fabulous card! Wonderful job on the flowers! They look gorgeous! Thanks for the mention! : )