Thank You, Ashley Cannon Newell!

After settling a little into my new suite, here in Victoria last summer, I began to organize how I stored some of my crafting tools and supplies. Even though I love Spellbinders, in the past three years, I have rarely had the opportunity to purchase them. In the meantime my Spellbinder wish list is getting longer and longer. Those that I do have were outgrowing the original box I kept them in, so I decided one of those nice IKEA boxes would work. It did. But I do have a about four more new ones that I've been able to get here and there on sale, and one of which I won from a blog hop. 
In the mean time some of my other supplies have grown too. When I lived in Calgary I had a large bedroom that I used as my craft room, but now, here in Victoria I must use about a third of my tiny living room, so space is precious. With growing  craft stock, I still need to make some changes...some room. 
I am one of the subscribers to Ashley Cannon Newell's blog, and when she posted a blog entry in February on how she organized her Dies, I had my answer to my dilemma.
This is how I started organizing my Spellbinders last June.
This IKEA Box measures 10 1/2" wide x 13 1/2" long x 7 1/2" high. My new box is a Michael's photo storage box that measures 7 3/4" wide x 11 1/4" long x 4 1/2" high. So it is smaller and less bulky. And look how much less space my Spellbinders now take! I love it!!


The index guide cards are 4" x 6". And, just like Ashley, I used my Dymo Labler on the tabs. Unlike Ashley, I purchased my magnetic sheets already at the size I need them. (through Carol at Scrapbook Parade who orders from Notions Marketing - here) They fit perfectly on the cards. And, because I teach classes where I'm often asked what the "number" is for that particular Spellbinder, I've added those on with a pen.
Here is one of the index guide cards.
I'm telling you that this is the way to go. It is so easy to browse through my dies now. And even though the box is much heavier with all those magnetic sheets, it's small enough to sit on my working area surface, close at hand, without getting in the way, and I don't have to bend over to the cubical I used to store the larger box in to get them.

If you're interested in the information that Ashley posted on her blog, you must see and read about it here.

Thank you for stopping by again. I'd love to hear how you store your dies, too. Happy crafting everyone!



2 comments:

stampingbowd said...

TFS!!! Beautiful organization tip!!!!

Krista said...

great organization for dies. i'm always on the look out for new ideas to organize my stuff. :)