Skipping Stones Designs Sketch and Simon Says Stamp

I've had a couple of Skipping Stones Designs stamp sets for some time that have never seen ink. I decided that the current sketch challenge (image below) was the perfect excuse to break them out.


I'm always drawn to the bird image in the Heartsong set. Tried the ink technique that I really liked here but am not sure it turned out to my liking.

I used some scrappy tidbits to create the postage stamp background and lots of inking!

I am also submitting this in the Simon Says Stamp favorite tool challenge. I love me some Spellbinders and Distress Inks!!

Do you think this card qualifies as masculine??


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Fine Linen and Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
  • Patterned Paper: (Fancy Pants Designs)
  • Stamps: Heartsong (Skipping Stone Designs)
  • Ink: Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo and Dried Marigold Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger), Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate (Tsukineko)
  • Dies: Ribbon Banners, Postage Stamps and Standard Circles (Spellbinders)
  • Other Tools: Copic Multiliner pen, white gel pen

6 comments:

Lesley said...

So pretty! Love the muted tones.

Lynn said...

Beautiful..I love the color combo and the inking on the bird.

Sabrina said...

The inking of the bird looks great to me, Dana. I love that stamp! Such a cute little bird. Yes, I think this is a good masculine card. Nice to se you use paptterned paper too.;)

Karen B. said...

So soft and pretty Dana! Thanks too for playing in the Skipping Stones Design challenge!

Jingle said...

Oh, WOW! This is SO PRETTY!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Fabulous card! I love the colors and your use of the Heartsong 1 set! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!