Paper Smooches Sparks and CAS-ual Fridays 48

I had to squeeze this one in. I have several Paper Smooches sets that I need to break in!

I went with the colors of the Paper Smooches SPARKS inspiration photo (pictured below), as most people did, to create a one-layer card. The oranges and blues are opposite each other on the CAS-ual Fridays color wheel (graphic below).


I took the heart stamp from Whirligigs, inked it up with orange and used the kissing technique with an old Cornish Heritage Farms Woodgrain stamp (blue ink). Plenty of kissing possibilities with Whirligigs! I think that sweet little plaid looking circle pushed me over the edge to buying this.

I masked the heart circle and used Versamark ink to add a strip of some of the other circles.

After toying with several sentiment ideas, I finally used Word Salad.

Thanks for peeking!

{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Whirligigs and Word Salad (Paper Smooches), Woodgrain (Cornish Heritage Farms)
  • Ink: Versamark, Memento Tangelo and Blue Danube (all Tsukineko), Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink)

7 comments:

Dana said...

Dana, this is brilliant! I love the orange woodgrain stamped directly ON the blue. It's so different!

Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

Karen B. said...

What a cool and graphic take on the inspiration picture, and I love that stamp set. I didn't realize it was available...

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card! Love the colors and the soft circles in the background! The kissing technique looks fab on that circle!

Michele Gross said...

Fun way to use those stamps! Love it :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Great card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Sabrina said...

Love how you used all the different coloured inks on the Spring rain paper! xx

Nona said...

Such a pretty card, Dana! Love the cool CAS design of your card! Hi Dana!

Thank you for the kind comment on my blog. I really love the PTI alphabet die set. The only downside is that the whole die set is connected together so if you're thinking of making negative die-cut words, you have to cut them apart and file down the sharp edges. Other than that, it's really a great die set :)