CR84FN51 - Some Of My Sewing

I recently purchased some of the beautiful My Minds Eye Follow Your Heart collection papers. They are so soft and beautiful, and when I learned the colours of the CR84FN51 challenge, I was hoping I would have the time to create something for this challenge. And I spent most of yesterday working on it a little here and little there, and then completing it around 11:30pm Pacific time. I decided to do as Mona did and create a double page layout rather than a card. I have so many photos to scrapbook.

The colours, of course, reminded me of Easter, and that reminded me of all the wonderful dresses I used to sew for my three girls at Easter (the 2 boys would get matching ties). In 1997 I did a lot of sewing of little girls dresses to sell, or custom make for friends, etc. At one point I decided to start taking pictures of them, and this is one of the newborn Christening dresses I had made. This one was for a friend who decided she wanted one in a very pale pink with cream. I used one of my daughters' dolls as the model, and because I had it completed 5 weeks before their daughter was born, I was able to enter this dress in the Madison County Fair (Rexburg, Idaho), along with other dresses I had made. I won so many ribbons that year. Every one of my entries won a ribbon! (I also made that blue and yellow quilt you see the doll lying on)

Well here is my challenge entry.


I had troubles with the alphabet stamps I used here. I just bought them at a garage sale and the Y & I wouldn't stay on my clear block! So they ended up a little off. I also think I may have gotten a bit carried away with the white Enamel Accents. I was having so much fun I guess.

Here are close ups.





You can't tell so much with the pink roses, but with this blue one you may be able to see that I used my Versa Magic pen to darken areas of the rose to give it a little more dimension than just layering it.
The other blue flowers I made using scalloped circles and cutting between each scallop to curl them. I then used Petal Pink Liquid Pearl in the centers. I also used the Liquid Pearl in the centers of the little white paper blossoms.

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing something special to me, with me. Happy crafting everyone!




TOOLS & SUPPLIES

PAPER: My Minds Eye Follow Your Heart Collection
SPELLBINDERS: Foliage Shapeabilities
INK: Tim Holtz Distress Inks- Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Old Paper
STAMPS: Alphabet Unknown, Rose Unknown (garage sale)
Petal Pink Liquid Pearl
White Enamel Accents
 

11 comments:

Tigriswillreign said...

I love this for so many reasons! Those colors are fabulous and you did an amazing job embellishing these pages! You're right: such lovely papers!
I'm just tickled to see that doll! I remember sis and I dressing it up in our old baby clothes... *sigh*

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my goodness Sabrina! What an AMAZING project! Those flowers sprinkled about look oh so pretty and the the little banner along the side adds a nice touch! The photos of the doll dresses are so dainty and elegant! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

June said...

Absolutely adorable. Well done.

Clare Lloyd said...

so beautiful and you have put alot of work into that double page spread. x

Pauline said...

Wow, what a stunning creation! So many beautiful elements, and lovely pictures of your sewing project too.
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely layout to showcase your lovely work! Gorgeous!
One day I hope to have my wedding dress turned into a christening gown for when my son has children. Something for me to research!
Happy Easter to you and the family! ;o)

Deborah Frings said...

First of all this is a wonderful layout and second the Christening dress is just stunning! I can see why you won so many ribbons. Thank you for playing along with CR84FN!

Sue Lelli said...

Sabrina, what a lovely way to showcase your GORGEOUS sewing in this layout! LOVE all of the flowers and the lacy details! STUNNING layout! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Shannon White said...

Goodness is this Ever a Gorgeous Layout! Wow! Love all the lovely scattered blossoms and liquid pearl accents!! Just a Wonderful way to share your Beautiful sewing! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN! 8-)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely double page Sabrina. The flowers are so pretty! Congrats on making the Top 3.

Sasha said...

Congratulations! to you, too, Sabrina. Your work is beautiful!! x