Colour Create Challenge #94 - A Happy Hello


Easter is over; Spring is here, and there are blossoms on some trees while others are budding green. Aaaahh, so nice. That means Summer isn't far off. And summer is definitely what one thinks of when you see Sharon L's inspirational photo for Colour Create Challenge #94; a bright beach scene. The colours for this challenge are Bright Yellow, Bright Blue, and White. The additional, but optional challenge, is to included shells in your design. Unfortunately, I have nothing along those lines, so my DT submission does not showcase any shells.


gif makerOur sponsor for this challenge is Bunny Zoes Crafts, so the prize will
be a gift certificate for some fun shopping over there.


For this challenge I thought I might try something I've never done before. I was with a friend shopping, and she picked up some chalks on sale that she wanted to try out, and since I've seen some gorgeous designs where they were used, I bought some too to see how they would work for me. At this point I'm still preferring the coloured pencils, but I'll practice some more before making a definite decision about it.

Here is my DT submission for the challenge.

 
Perhaps, because the colours of the challenge are bright ones, the chalk may have been a poor choice since chalks are softer in colour. Two yellows, a lighter orange, and two blues where used to colour in the roses after masking and stamping with clear and heat embossing with white.

Please be sure to check in at Colour Create Challenge #94 to see the wonderful DT inspirationals. I hope to see your entry there. Thanks for stopping in today, and happy crafting everyone!




TOOLS & SUPPLIES

INK: Memento Black, Vera Magic
STAMPS: Flourishes - Tag Lines, Rose - unknown @ garage sale
Stampendous White Embossing Powder
Inkadinkado Soft Tones Blending Chalks
SPELLBINDERS: Oval Petite Large & Small

4 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous! I love how the roses are colours and the layers of colour around the window look amazing.

Tigriswillreign said...

Mom, this is amazing!!! The chalks look so soft and lovely! That rose stamp is gorgeous! And, of course, this card style is my fav!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning & gorgeous! Love those flowers!!! ;o)

Julie said...

This is a beauty Sabrina!! It matches the colours perfectly - love those roses!! Hugs, Juliexx