CASE Study #85 - Smile

Laurie Schmidlin's Card
Well, I finished my two day, two part class, and spent the day coming up with 4 more future classes. Now it's time to do something fun for myself, right? So I went to check out some of my favorite challenge blogs, and I found three I'd like to enter. But I started with CASE Study #85 because I instantly got all the details in one picture in my mind, and that would be the easiest way to go.

When I saw Laurie's card, I instantly thought of all the old movies that often had secretaries typing away at their typewriters by day, and having fun and finding romance. Often they were so well dressed. I love the fashions from the 30's through the 60's, and had recently purchased a wonderful, and unknown, stamp at a garage sale that went with those thoughts perfectly.

So here is my take on the April muse, Laurie Schmidlin's, card.


I also wanted to use the papers from Teresa Collins' "Fabrication" collection in my 8 X 8 pad. You may happen to see that there are a few spots on the stamp that look double stamped. Well, guess what? I dropped my stamp when taking it off. It wasn't too bad after heat embossing with black powder, so I decided to still use it. I used Brilliance Graphite Black around the edges of the yellow strip and the circles punched out of the paper. Almost looks like typewriter ribbon ink, don't you think?

So there you have the result of my time to myself today. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment. And, happy crafting everyone!




TOOLS & SUPPLIES

PAPER: Teresa Collins 8 X 8  "Fabrications"
IINK: Versa Magic, Tsukineko Brilliance Graphite Black
Tsukineko Black Embossing Powder
STAMPS: Unknown Woman, Flourishes Tag Lines
1" Circle Punch

5 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

They are both stunning cards and i love the colour combos you have used. x

Angela Fehr said...

I love this - I often wish I could dress like they did back then! ;)

Arnoldo L. Romero said...

The vintage fashion illustration is perfect for this card. Blessings!

Teresa Kline said...

awesome!

enjoy *~*

Jean Martin said...

What a lovely card! I love your choice of colors. Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)