I`m Featured on Graphic 45!!

I have such exciting news! I hope you don`t mind me telling you a few details about how this exciting news all came to be.

About 10 days ago, while in the store where I teach classes, I was given the opportunity to work with a new collection of papers that had arrived from Graphic 45. Carol asked if I'd like to prepare for a card class using 'The Olde Curiosity Shoppe' papers. As I studied them, ideas began flowing! Eight cards came to mind very quickly. We thought that at the end of my playing with the papers I might have 10 cards. So, in the end the decision was made that we would create two classes from the papers, each with different cards.

In 2 days I created 10 cards and was quite pleased with them. I haven't posted them yet, as I typically post my classes about 4-5 days before they take place. But, they are currently on display at the store for the future classes. As I was thinking how happy I am with my creations I recalled seeing a place where Graphic 45 fans gathered as a community to share their love of the wonderful papers put out by G45. So I decided to join up.

This Monday morning (March 26) I was notified that I was now an official member. So, I decided that I would immediately post my cards before having to go to the store to prepare for Tuesday morning's class. Upon arrival home later that evening, I found an email asking if Graphic 45 could post one of my cards on their blog on Wednesday the 28th! Talk about instant recognition! You can imagine how thrilled I am at this honour.

This is the card that is being posted. The others you will have to wait to see sometime around April 13th or so.


A lot of detailed cutting from the Mercurial Masterpiece paper, but so worth it! Then ink distressing around the edges - very gently of course, was the next task. In the bottom medallion, I took the corner of my ink distress foam and rubbed a little colour into the patterned center oval. That is where I used Glossy Accents. I also used black Enamel Accents, gold/bisque Liquid Pearls on pieces that had some dots or tiny circles. I created a large dot of Liquid Pearl in each of the four corners of the Optical Oddities (striped) paper on the card.

I cut out the large butterfly from Butterfly Specifics paper and used Glossy Accents again on the body and antennae of the butterfly.

Next is a photo taken of the card laying flat so that you can see the layers popped up with dimensionals.


You can check out the posting on the Graphic 45 blog here where they are featuring cards all week long.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. It`s so nice to have friends and guests come and share in the joy of creating paper crafts. And stop by again in April to check out the remaining 9 `Olde Curiosity Shoppe`cards. Or if you are a member at Graphic 45 you can see all the cards posted on my page. Happy crafting everyone!




TOOLS & SUPPLIES

Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe  Collection - Mercurial Masterpiece, Optical Oddities, & Butterfly Specifics
Bazzil - Black Beetle & Curry Spice
Scissors
Tim Holtz Distress Inks -Old Paper, Tea Dye, & Walnut Stain
Ink blending tool & foam
Black Enamel Accents
Gold or Bisque Liquid Pearl
Glossy Accents
Dimensionals

4 comments:

Tigriswillreign said...

As I said before, this is amazing, Mom! I hope you have the blog address on your Graphic 45 profile so they can find you here!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous and congrats!!!

farmhouse-story said...

congrats, sabrina!!

Unknown said...

This card is absolutely STUNNING! Love all those layers!
Congrats are also in order! ;o)