LOVE - Colour Create Challenge #89 DT Submission

It's time again for another Colour Create Challenge!

Shanna chose for challenge #89 the colours light brown, dark brown, and either white or cream, with the option of hearts. And, for the month of February, we will be having a surprise candy package for one lucky winner!!

This turned out to be a fun challenge for me as I tried to come up with a way to make a valentine card using only browns and cream. Once I put my mind to it, I suddenly got an idea and I think it worked!


After ink distressing the edges I stamped the sentiment where I wanted it.Then placing my heart mask over it, I continued to ink distress/blend around the little heart. Then I stamped four different hearts using two different brown inks double stamping them or ghost stamping - which ever you call it. I also stamped a flourish on the patterned light brown DP to add a little extra detail.

This card inspired me to do a little more stamping than I usually do. If you haven't tried this technique in a while why not try masking and ghosting and see what you come up with!

Be sure to check out the other DT inspirational projects at Colour Create, and join in on the fun!
Till next time...Happy crafting!!






TOOLS & SUPPLIES

STAMPS: American Crafts Stampp Collection-Thanks, Craft Smart-Damask Heart, Craft Smart-Flower Heart, Inkadinkado-Chelsea Sentiments, Flourishes-Tag Lines, Hero Arts-Fabulous Flourish Woodblock
INKS: VersaFine Vintage Sepia, Tim Holt's Distress-Dark Walnut
SPELLBINDERS: Labels Fourteen
Ribbon
Dimensionals
Ink Blending Tool


( http://colourcreateadmin.blogspot.com/2012/01/sabrinas-challenge-89-card.html )

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Your stamping is absolutely amazing...gorgeous, gorgeous card!

Tigriswillreign said...

Love how warm this card turned out! You made those colors WORK! It's a beauty!

Julie said...

Beautiful Sabrina!! Love your design - just perfect for the challenge!! Hugs, Juliexx

Mynn xx said...

This is AMAZING! LOVE the shades of brown you've used--and your sponged around heart with the sentiment is a glorious touch! :)