Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and Carbon Copied

Hooray, it's my turn to share a challenge with the fabulous Karen Baker of The Bald Dragonfly! It's so fun to see the Carbon Copied posts go up! Just a warning that I am not nearly as deserving of all that praise she gave of me! She's far too sweet!

We decided to use the Teeny Trees stamp set for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge this week.


I think that this is my first tri-fold card so I kept it simple.

The snow and icicles were done using shimmery white cardstock.

I created the window using dies listed below and some clear cardstock. To give it a frosty look, I covered it with Crackle Accents.

Here is the Christmas tree I created inside:


And a look at the tri-fold:


Be sure to check out Karen's inspired gratitude project here!

I am also submitting this for CAS-ual Fridays "Over the Edge" and the Waltzingmouse Christmas card challenge (in the forum) for September, which requires acetate.

Thanks for visiting!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Enchanted Evening, shimmer (all Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Teeny Trees (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko), Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Alpha Blocks, Sending You frame (Papertrey Ink)
  • Other Tools: icicles punch (Martha Stewart), gold embossing powder (Filigree), rhinestones, Crackle Accents (Ranger)

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

I popped over here from Karen's...love your project..such a neat idea with the window!

Karen B. said...

I just might have gasped out loud with envy when I saw your project! Wow! First that tree is adorable, what a perfect and full Christmas tree. Second, your house? It's perfect! Love every single detail of this tri-fold card. Thanks so much for joining me today, I adore your card!

Shirley said...

Very creative and very pretty! I love the fold, how your did your window, and the fun it is!

Jenny said...

Your tri-fold card is adorable Dana, I love the view through the cute little window :)
TFS
Jenny x

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a clever idea. I love the frosty look of the glossy accents on the acetate. Well done, and thanks for playing along with not only the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch challenge, but the Christmas card challenge as well! Awesome job.

Pauline said...

This is a fab card, love the icicles, and the amazing acetate window! Stunning creation!

Teresa Kline said...

what a great idea...luv the bling too...hope your weekend is aweosme!

enjoy *~*

Laura Davis said...

This is so much fun!
Thanks for playing at Cas-ual Fridays!
Laura

Deborah Frings said...

I really like looking through the window to the sparkling Christmas tree (I do that in real-life too)! This is gorgeous!

Gabi MeWi said...

Adorable idea...

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a wonderful take on this week's sketch! LOVE the creativity and how you've embellished your tree - so beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

Love your snowy window view into the beautiful Christmas tree! Wonderful job on this week's WMS sketch!

anya said...

What a fantastic card! What a creative way to use the image from Teeny Trees - seriously clever! I love the frosty window look, too!

Kelly S. said...

Oh this is adorable! I love the frosty rooftop and your awesome tree! So creative!

The Mama Monkey said...

Ack! Dana...this is STUNNING! Love it all...you are so talented!!

Unknown said...

Love your trifold card! The window is awesome with the shiny tree peeking thru! ;o)