Color Throwdown Challenge #169 & Inkspirations Challenge #97

Hello friends! The Color Throwdown  challenge is one I wanted to try because I was intrigued with the unusual color combination and wasn't sure how to go about using the colors. I felt challenged to come up with something. It has been a very, very long time since I checked out the blog. I combined it with the layout sketch #97 found at the Inkspirations Challenge blog. Did I rise to the challenge? ...I'm not sure... I'm not well right now, so that might have something to do with it.

As you can see I had a stamping issue on the darker blue...but having the flu I'm in no frame of mind, or body for that fact, to try doing it all over again. So it is what it is. Here's another view.


Thank you for stopping by today and checking out my challenge entry.

With the season soon upon us and we're all getting busier. All the best to everyone in your preparations. And, happy crafting to you all. We all know that there is always some last minute crafting stuff that creeps up on as the holidays approach and get closer with each passing day. All the best!







TOOLS & MATERIALS

Spellbinders: Clasic Ovals, Feur De Lis Boarderbilities, Fancy Tags Two
Stamps: Old Lettering
Ink: Versa Memento Dark Cocoa
PTI Buttons
Ribbon
Red embroidery Floss

7 comments:

Patrice said...

love that brown ribbon!

Lee-Anne said...

This is just beautiful. That frame is so elegant and really sets off the card. I love the cute buttons and satin ribbon too. Very pretty. Thanks for join in us at Inkspirations this week.

Wanda Cullen said...

Sabrina, you rocked the Color Throwdown colors in this beautiful card! Happy that you could play along with us again! Feel better soon!

Lori said...

This is so pretty! Love the elegant layered focal image. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

Suzanne Russell said...

I call this one gorgeous! I love the way you used the colors so boldly and yet achieved a delicate balance with the fancy tag layer in the focal image. Love it! Congratulations on getting honorable mention! Hope you are feeling MUCH better!

Marisa said...

Fabulous colour combo and a great use of that label! Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

H2 :) said...

Beautiful card Sabrina. Great take on both the challenges. :)