Sunday Best at Eight

I was browsing through some of my favorite blogs that I haven't visited for a while. (If I visited all of my favorites every day I wouldn't have time for anything else.) I noticed that many of my favorite projects by these very talented women were done in very soft colours. So I just had to try it for myself. Am I ever pleased at the outcome.
 
I chose to work with a photo that I had hand cut into an oval some time in 1996 or 1997 and didn't get any further with it. I Had to use my largest Spellbinders oval to cut it down just a little at the top and bottom, and was the tiniest bit narrower than the die. I worked though! And here it is.
 
There is silver glitter all over this paper so I decided I had to add a little myself on the oval framing Dana and use silver Stickles in little dots so that it wouldn't over power the oval frame. Below are some close ups.
 
 The glittery framed sentiment piece I cut out of another paper that went well with the one I chose as the background.The daisy strps are embossed stickers I purchased in Calgary at one of the Dollar stores. To make the dasiy tag I stuck the sticker onto the paper and hand cut around the tag shape. The Butterfly circle was the exact size of one of the Spelbinders Circles. I punched a hole at the top of bothe tags, paper pierced the Daisy tag, and put a ribbon through the hole of the Butterfly tag.

The Post Card, and other pieces that I cut, I edged with Versa Magic Wheat and the tiniest bit of Versa Fine Vintage Sepia in some cases. See below for all the Spellbinders and punches that I used.

Thank you for checking in. I think I might next try making a card with these colours.




TOOLS & SUPPLIES

PUNCHES: Martha Stewart Deco Fan
SPELLBINDERS: Lattice Borderabilities, Ovals, Circles, Lotus Pendants, Labels Six
INKS: Versa Magic Wheat, Versa Fine Vintage Sepia
Black Gel Pen
Border & Tag Stckers
Silver Stickles
Pearls
Prima Pebbles

2 comments:

Kay D said...

Such a beautiful layout! I love the color scheme and all the glittery bits are just perfect!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, this layout is stunning! I love the soft colours, tiny pearls and bits of bling.