Waltzingmouse Sketch and Christmas Card Challenges + Lily Pad Cards and Simon Says Stamp

I wanted to be sure I got my Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge linked in time this time!


Such a fabulous sketch this week! I considered doing a scalloped card base so it wouldn't roll around but I really liked the sketch as was.

I am, of course, working on Christmas cards so that's pretty much what is going to be seen from me for awhile. This card work's for the Waltzingmouse Stamps forum February Christmas Card challenge--to use something lying around your workspace. The sentiment banner I used had already been diecut and inked up... I just stamped the sentiment! Definitely like the idea of having these all prepped and ready for cards...

I started by diecutting 3 green circles and a partial burgundy with my Grand Nestabilities. Can not recommend these enough!! Even though I have a Cricut... I just have a hard time pulling it out and going through all the necessary steps... I inked and stamped the snowflakes and then stamped and gold heat embossed the (what I call) Victorian strips. I used a bit of adhesive and then zig-zag stitched the pieces together. I probably should have left it at that but I attempted circle sewing since I had fairly good success with it before. Um, not so much this time. I tried to even things out with a 2nd attempt and then decided to make it look purposefully "messy" with a 3rd. Didn't quite work, but I'm still okay with the outcome.  ;)

I stamped, cut out and blinged the holly with Stickles and Sakura Stardust gel pen. I'll be entering this into Lily Pad Cards bling challenge. Too easy!

Simon Says Stamp's weekly challenge is to use punches or dies... I love my dies!!

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Simply Chartreuse, Scarlet Jewel (Papertrey Ink), random white
  • Stamps: Seasons of Love - Tags, Very Vintage Christmas (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko), Forest Moss (plus banner inks--probably Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain) Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger), Scarlet Jewel (Papertrey Ink)
  • Dies: Grand Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders) plus Tattered Borders (Tim Holtz Sizzix)
  • Other Tools: sewing machine/thread, Burgundy Stickles (Ranger), Stardust gel pen (Sakura), gold embossing powder (Filigree)

13 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful chrisas card, wonderful stamping!

Heather said...

A lovely Christmas card, a the lovey colours, I love the fabulous Simplicity design.

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
I love the colors...
the embossing is incredible...
and that background...
love!
I personally think the stitching is uber fabby!
Great take on the challenge and thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC!! :)

Nona said...

What a beautiful take on the challenges, Dana! Love the gold embossing and stitching :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Dana, I love the snowflake stamp and the embossing looks beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our punches &/or dies challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Pia said...

Beautiful shaped card, Dana!
Thanks very much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

Kelly S. said...

Such elegance! That gold embossing looks amazing and compliments your snowflakes perfectly. I just love the hues you chose for this Christmas card, and the stitched edges, too! Awesome job with this week's sketch, Dana!

Karen B. said...

Ooh, a circle card and stitching, fabulous combination and a super cool card.

Deborah Frings said...

This is just fabulous. I love the richly embossed border stamp and the snowlfakes too. Wonderful vintage colours - a perfect Christmas card. Love it!

Astrid Maclean said...

Very classy and pretty, love it!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful card - love the non-traditional colors for the holidays. Thanks for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.

Nancy K said...

So gorgeous! Love your bit of sparkle on the holly...don't you just love the Stardust pens? I'm so glad you joined in on the Bling-y fun at Lily Pad Cards!

Shirley said...

Just so beautiful!! I wish I could do with DP what you do! Love the whole card!