Embellish Color Trends and Misting

A birthday card for a dear friend:


Embellish's fab colors include a green turquoise, gray, brown and cream (or maybe white). I created my own turquoise green Glimmer Mist by combining Turquoise Blue and some English Ivy and then used it to "dye" my bloomer ribbon as well as mist the card panel. The sentiment, stamped in brown ink, is from Paper Smooches "Word Up." The pins are Maya Road (Vintage Black Pearl) and Making Memories (clear head).

You can tell I misted the interior, as well, which made it too pretty to write in! ;) I misted the envelope and still have lots of leftover mist!



Thanks so much for stopping by! We appreciate every one of your comments!

[Edited to add:] This card was included in Embellish's What's Hot (kind of like an honorable mention)!! I'm so ecstatic!!


I'm that last thumbnail!! Yippee!!

[Edited to add:] I'm linking this to Lily Pad Cards bling challenge here.


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Word Up (Paper Smooches)
  • Ink: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
  • Glimmer Mist: Turquoise Blue and English Ivy (Tattered Angels)
  • Ribbon: white bloomer (American Crafts)
  • Other Tools: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), vintage pins (Maya Road and Making Memories)

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Perfect fusion of CAS Contemporary and Shabby Chique! Beautifully unique.

kasia c. said...

Eeeeek! Dana this is AWESOME!! I love the misting, the colour, the flowers!! Gorgeous! :)

PS I got your card in the mail, thank you sooooooo much! I loved that card when I saw it on your blog, and even more in person. Thank you. :)

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! Love the misting!

jen said...

This is lovely! Awesome that you made your own mist- and congrats on being hot!! :D

Vicky said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the fun at lily pad cards.