CPS Card Sketch 237 & Jay Gee's Nook Challenge 12 - by Sabrina

CPS 237
Jay Gee's Nook
I've been searching challenge blogs, other than the usual ones I usually check out, and found one I'd never come across before - Jay Gee's Nook Challenges. I hadn't checked out Card Positioning Systems Card Sketches in quite a while and liked the sketch they have. As you can see these are the two challenges I decided to combine this week.

This time I decided to use the challenge colours as just splashes against a mainly white card. I'm thinking that the colours for this challenge brings to mind baby cards, perhaps wedding cards, or very feminine cards. I chose to make a feminine birthday card.

Using Hero Arts Fancy Flourishes stamp, clear Versa Mark and clear embossing powder I created the suttle background.
I used Martha Stewart's Deco Fan Corner punch to create the bar as indicated in the sketch.The SEI butterflies, again are stamped with Versa Mark and embossed with clear powder. I felt that the card needed a little more yellow and added the Liquid Pearl Pale Yellow.
I chose the darkest of the Jay Gee's Nook challenge colours to position on the inside of the card behind the punched bar. When you open the card, it looks like this.

If some of our regular viewers are wondering why I've not started making Christmas cards like Dana has, it's because I made so many last year for the Christmas Craft Sale and still have enough left to give out this year, so  there is no need to make any again for this year. I do, however, plan on making some Christmas projects, so watch for them.

I thank you for stopping by today to view my challenge entry, and for leaving your comment. I wish you all happy crafting. It's that busy time of year again with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas just around the corner.



Tools & Supplies

Liquid Pearls - Pale Yellow
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa, Versa Mark
Stamps - Hero Arts Fancy Flourish, SEI Bridgeport, Flourishes Tag Lines
Clear Embossing Powder
Punch - Martha Stewart Deco Fan Corner

8 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Wow, fantastic card! I love how you did that decorated bar - great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Lynn said...

Wow! This is so elegant...I love the punches and the background flourishes..stunning Sabrina!

Tigriswillreign said...

What a cool idea to use your corner punch that way!!!

Nona said...

This is simply gorgeous and elegant, Sabrina! What a creative use of the corner punch :)

Gaƫlle said...

Superbe cate !!!! bonne journƩe Gaƫlle !!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! I love the CAS and elegant look of this card. Simply gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this month ... Ange

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous and very unique. I love the inlaid border!

Shirley said...

This is just so elegant and lovely! I hope to ever get as good at using Viva as you are!