Playing in Paradise 19: Purse Inspiration


Welcome to another challenge at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog!

Allison has created the most fabulous inspiration for us!


I had a hard time deciding which purse to base my creation on! Perhaps I will come back and use this again. ;)

I loved the simplicity of the orange purse and recreated it here.

 
After impressing the front of my card base with a linen texture, I used an edger die to create a flap. I die cut a Spellbinders Butterflies Two die out of kraft and then impressed the woodgrain. I used my Versamagic Jumbo Java dewdrop to lightly ink the ridges. I pierced the butterfly to add a cross-stitch to the center. I just keep white embroidery floss on hand and color it with a co-ordinating Copic marker, in this case YR15. After adhering the butterfly with some dimensional adhesive, I rounded the corners at the bottom of the card base with my Corner Chomper and stamped my sentiment in Memento Rich Cocoa.

Be sure to check out the other DT projects!



{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Orange Zest, Kraft (both Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Make a Wish (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Versamagic Jumbo Jave (both Tsukineko)
  • Dies: Butterflies Two (Spellbinders), Edgers #1 (Papertrey Ink)
  • Other Tools: Linen & Canvas and Woodgrain impression plates (Papertrey Ink), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), embroidery floss and YR15 Copic, Tim Holtz paper piercing tool (Tonic), piercing mat/craft needles (Bazzill Basics)

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

I think I might hyperventilate, your card is that beautiful and I'm so inspired by your creation I just want to stop and make something similar! Wow! Love the orange.

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous, the CAS style can be soooo beautiful...hope your weekend is fabulous!

enjoy *~*

Arlene said...

Simply beautiful! Love the simplicity of it. Great job! :)
Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

Sabrina said...

This is a very striking CAS card Dana! Gorgeous! Did you know that it didn't show on Scrapbookers Blog?

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card ... love your inspiration photo also. So very pretty! ;D

farmhouse-story said...

this is such a cute challenge and your card couldn't be more perfect, dana! enjoy your weekend!