Playing in Paradise Challenge 17: Sketch


Welcome to another Playing in Paradise challenge over at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog! This week, Allison has created another lovely sketch for us to work with.


I think this is my favorite so far! I even considered an actual scrapbook page but had to get another project out of the way so used this sketch for my tags.


Have you ever heard of (Amish) friendship bread? It's a bag of batter that you mush for several days, add more ingredients and mush for another few days. On "baking day," you add more ingredients and make more batter bags. The leftover batter gets mixed with still more ingredients and makes the most delicious, most fabulous cake bread EVER!

I had four starter bags left from my last batch of friendship bread. With "bake day" looming, I really wanted to get rid of a few of them. I thought of my son's Kindergarten teachers (he has one regular teacher, but they often combine with the two other classes for activities such as music and gym). So as a sort of Thank You treat, I packaged off three friendship bread starter bags...


I didn't have a lot of time to decorate the bags but felt the elaborate tags would make up for it. ;)

Here's how I made up the tags:

I cut the kraft tags out with my Cricut, Gypsy and Birthday Bash cartridge. I stamped them with Versamark ink and the Hero Arts Old World Lettering stamp.

I die cut and embossed three Blossom 4 Spellbinders. Leaving the die on, I stamped the swirl image with Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then stamped the solid flower image over top with Versamagic Oasis Green ink.

After stamping the sentiment onto the tag with Versamagic Jumbo Java ink, I adhered the stamped die cuts.

Using 1/8" Scor-tape, I adhered some trims from Webster's Pages and Tim Holtz's Lavish Trimmings. Fabulous stuff!!

Lastly, I taped the kraft bags shut with Martha Stewart decorative tape and tied the tags on with some raffia. I added tiny tags with the word "Thanks" on them using cream twine.

Be sure to check out the other DT projects!


The deadline to enter your project is noon on Thursday, June 2nd. This week's prize is Fancy Pants Beach Babe - Flowers and Trim Journal Pieces, an approx retail value of $16!

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Kraft and Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Old World Lettering (Hero Arts), Spiral Bouquet and Tiny Tags (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Versamark, Versamagic Oasis Green and Jumbo Java (all Tsukineko)
  • Die: Blossom 4 (Spellbinders)
  • Other Tools: Cricut/Gypsy/Birthday Bash cartridge, clear embossing powder/Marvy heat tool, various trims (Webster's Pages and Tim Holtz), decorative tape (Martha Stewart), rustic cream button twine (Papertrey Ink), kraft bags (dollar store), raffia (unknown)

4 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are just awesome Dana! Love the design and the way you incorporated the sketch in a tag! Beautifully done!

Sabrina said...

Creating a tag from the sketch was a great bit of inspiration! They look great on the bags!

Allison Cope said...

ooo Dana! What a great way to use this week's sketch! WTG girl!

Karen B. said...

Love your tags, so much detail! I think the plain kraft sets them off nicely. I love Amish Friendship bread too!