Playing in Paradise: Button Inspiration


Today marks another Playing in Paradise challenge over at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog and it's all about buttons!


I purposely avoided embellishing stamps with buttons for this. I broke out my Bazzill Basics In Stitch'z templates and looked them over for compatibility with my idea to do cherries...


I used the In My Garden template to improvise some leaves and stems. After die-cutting the new Spellbinders Labels 20 in my Cuttlebug, I placed my cardstock over my Bazzill Basics piercing mat and used my Tim Holtz Tonic paper piercer to make the holes. I used Bazzill Basics craft needles to sew my embroidery thread through.

Since I didn't really like the "open" looking leaves for this project, I used my YG17 Copic Sketch marker to fill them in. Much better!

I pierced the border by leaving the Spellbinders die in place.

I actually tried some patterned paper with this focal piece first but it didn't turn out.

Instead, I corrugated some black cardstock with my Fiskars paper crimper and adhered it to a white card base.

Deadline: Thursday, April 21 @ noon

Prize Info: Besides becoming our next Paradise Player, the winner of this week's challenge will receive 2 Stampavie stamps! These are adorable!

Be sure to check out the other Design Team's projects!

Allison
Ally
Carla
Julie
Karan

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select (Papertrey Ink), black (Cricut/Provo Craft)
  • Stamps: youare2kind (Stamps of Life)
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Scarlet Jewel (Papertrey Ink)
  • Buttons: Scarlet Jewel (Papertrey Ink)
  • Die: Labels Twenty (Spellbinders)
  • Other Tools: embroidery floss (unknown), YG17 Sketch marker (Copic), paper piercer (Tim Holtz Tonic), In Stitch'z In My Garden template (Bazzill Basics), piercing mat (Bazzill Basics), craft needle (Bazzill Basics)

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is cute! I agree, the colored leaves are fantastic, it adds balance to the card with the buttons.

Allison Rankin said...

So sweet! Love that stitching and die Dana (may have to order it!).

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Dana! Where do I even begin? It's been WAY TOO LONG since I peeked in over here! LOVE these darling cherries and your paper piercing... simply SWEET!