Totally Hues Challenge #1

Heather P of {Witty Title Here} is known for her smashingly bold color combos. To my utter delight, she has started a challenge series known as Totally Hues!

Her first challenge:

Isn't that logo divine?

I totally planned to participate, but with projects and deadlines hanging (what seems like) all over me, I thought it'd be later than sooner.

However, I couldn't get the colors out of my head and am even now still getting ideas!

So, this is what I ended up with... I like parts of it, but not the whole "picture" (sorry about the quality...).


My Hibiscus Burst ink is one of those PTI ones that never worked well... Same goes with the Simply Chartreuse, which looks gray. Grr.

I could probably save this card by removing the sentiment panel (Mat Stack 4 and Fillable Frame #8) and just stamping a sentiment on the white square. I'll probably end up doing that, if the dimensional adhesive doesn't do any damage to it upon removal... I'll use the rhinestones to keep the Harvest Gold on the card...

The large mum was stamped on Hibiscus Burst cardstock and then colored with RV13 and RV 14 Copics... my lazy method.

Hope something on this inspires you! ;)

[Addendum: I fixed this card here.]


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Stamper's Select
  • Stamps: Year of Flowers: Mums, Fillable Frames #8, Polka Dot Basics II
  • Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse, Versamark (Tsukineko)
  • Ribbon: Harvest Gold Bitty Dot
  • Dies: Mat Stack 4, Fillable Frames #8
  • Other Tools: clear embossing powder (Filigree), sewing machine/white thread, RV13 and RV14 Copics, rhinestones (colored with YR23 and YR24 Copics)

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

I think your changes would make a fantastic card, even though it is gorgeous now. Thanks for the link on the fun color combo.

Linda Kaiser said...

Love the colors! Your card is perfect and thanks for the inspiration.

Linda

Sabrina said...

Beautiful balance for those great colors, Dana! Your changes will make it even better. Looks like it was a fun project. I miss crafting!

Unknown said...

Playing catch up here. ;-)

Love the color combo of this challenge. I like the card, and would love to see the changes (if you make them). TYFS

~Tammy~ said...

This is just beautiful! I had major issues with the inks too! But I love your layout and I feel inspired for sure! :-)

Heather P. said...

This is so cute! I totally *love* the pink outline stamping of the mum! Thanks so much for playing along!! :)