Playing in Paradise: Distressing


This week at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog, the challenge is to use paper edge distressing using this wonderful little tool here!


Karan provided the most beautiful inspiration for us!


I love the colors and all of those beautifully distressed layers!

This is a technique that I'm familiar with and enjoy so I made sure to create lots of edges to roughen up!


This was made using Spellbinders' Square Nestabilities, including the Grands for the card base (the tag was made using their Tags Five). I really like using Spellbinders because of their versatility... In this case, I embossed the squares so as to have a line to follow when sewing! It was much faster than I thought it would be to sew each of these squares.

A sentiment and a bit of lace and voilà! I'm completely in love with Easter/Spring colors right now...

Check out the other Design Team projects!
Allison
Ally
Carla
Julie
Karan


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Fine Linen, Vintage Cream, Simply Chartreuse, Spring Rain, Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon (all Papertrey Ink)
  • Patterned Paper: Madame Royale - Henriette (We R Memory Keepers)
  • Stamps: Tags for Spring (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Jumbo Java (Versamagic)
  • Other Tools: Paper Distresser (Tim Holtz), sewing machine/thread, Grand Calibur (Spellbinders), lace (dollar store), vintage cream twine (Papertrey Ink)

4 comments:

Karan Gerber said...

this is just stunning, i love the layers, the distressing...beautiful!!

noomiy said...

Really nice card! Love this colours! :) They inspire me :)

Julie said...

Gorgeous card! Love those spring, Easter colors!

Allison Cope said...

Oh Dana! I just adore those little clothes pins... an ADORABLE card girl!