First Challenge For 2011 - Sabrina

Viva La Verve Challenge January 2011Week 1

I haven't crafted for a while and had a little time. So I found this challenge and wanting to use up some of my large pile of scraps I made a Thank You card. With all the friends coming to help me get ready to move, I know I'll be able to use a lot of Thank You cards. So this is probably what I will mainly be making for the next little while.I still have a couple of classes coming up later this month and will have to work on them as well.


This is the sketch from Verve, and below is my Thank You card. Remember, I'm still getting used to my new camera so I apologize for the blurriness. (Maybe, if I figure out to use the camera better before the challenge deadline, I 'll take a better pic and perhaps make another entry.)


I tried to keep it simple (CAS) and I regret using those large pearl brads as they are a little too big, but, with the holes created for them, I didn't want to make a new sentiment piece. I do like how the faux stitching looks on the patterned strips along with the ribbon loops on either side of the sentiment.






Tools & Materials
Paper piercer, white gel pen, pearls, Inkadinkado Thank You Words set, VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink, Spellbinders Labels 2, large Pearl Brads.

3 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Beautiful choice of papers and I love the ribbon treatment behind the sentiment!

Unknown said...

I love the color combination on the card.

Unknown said...

Wow this is gorgeous, so elegant and pretty. Love it xxx