Series of Masculine Thank You Cards: Card 1

A coworker requested a set of masculine Thank You cards to keep on hand. Masculine cards are not the easiest thing for me to figure out but I came up with a few good ideas, some not so great. I still have a few ideas in my head that haven't been created yet, too!

Anyhow, here was my first card. I had already created the card base a while back and had no idea what to do with it. My new philosophy is to never impress a card base... Use layers!


Deciding that I needed more color, I added layered circles with distress-inked ribbon and a twine-tied button. It took several attempts to come up with the final project here.

This is probably the least favorite of the six cards I completed. Stop by tomorrow for Card #2!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Fine Linen, Enchanted Evening, New Leaf
  • Patterned Paper (envelope liner): unknown
  • Stamps: Faux Ribbon, Vintage Circles - Small (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Walnut Stain (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
  • Ribbon: New Leaf grosgrain
  • Button: Enchanted Evening
  • Dies: Circles (Spellbinders), A2 Envelope Liner
  • Other Tools: Rustic Jute twine, Circles Impressibilities (Spellbinders), ink blending foam (Inkssentials)

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Dana,
I like this...love how the circles are offset. I am at the point with Christmas cards that I'm not liking much of what I create...sometimes when I make too many of one thing I can't look at them anymore!!! Looking forward to your next card too!

Karen B. said...

I think that you seem to do fine with masculine cards! The colors on this are spot on, the embellishments don't offer much fuss, and simple designs are all clues to a great manly card.

AuroraDawn said...

Fabulous card Dana, the colours are great as are the embellishments - nothing to fussy, just right!

AuroraDawn said...

Fabulous card Dana, the colours are great as are the embellishments - nothing to fussy, just right!