Christmas Unique - Scrapbookers Class

I haven't had internet for a while and was therefore unable to make my postings. But I'm now reconnected! And boy, I don't like being without the internet! Until you have to do without something for a while you don't realize how much value it is to you and how much you use it everyday. Well. let's see if I can play catch up for you.

October 28th I taught this class of three cards.It turned out to be a very popular class, and we had to create a second class for this set of cards! This was the first time this happened to me. The second class was held November 13th.

This star shaped card is a copy, with some little changes, from Sankari Wegman's blog. I tried to find the direct link to this card but was unable to find it for you.

I used the "Learning Curve" Cricut cartridge to cut out the stars. The red, and largest, was cut out at 6".The Spellbinders Inverted Scallop circle and Standard circles were used for the center circles. The snowflakes were cut on the Cricut using the "Winter Woodland" cartridge. And I loved using the gold 'Liquid Pearls'! (We used the old formula - the link goes to their new product) Sankari uses them a lot on her bright, cheerful designs, and I have started using them a little more since seeing her creative works.

Everyone in the class loved making this card.

This next card uses a technique (Nestabilities- Images Beyond the Border) that I found on Gina K's blog. Click here to view the tutorial.

When creating this card I wondered to my self if it was possible to Heat emboss on ribbon. I tried it. And it worked on my first try! In class we discussed all the different things this technique could be used for. It was great to hear the class use their creative juices once the idea was presented to them.
 
This next card I thought would be fun to use non-traditional colors for a Christmas card. Plus, it's a 'flip card'. To see how to make a flip card click here. The tutorial is based on an A2 sized card. I wanted ours to be larger and adjusted the flip card to an A7 size (6 1/2" x 5"). Sorry about the blurry image.
This was another favorite in the class. I'm going to have to take some better photos of this card so that you may see it open and closed. I had created a diagram for the class participants that included the new measurements etc., but am having difficulty in posting it on the blog. Will have to investigate.

In an effort to catch up on my postings I'm not going to include all the materials and tools used, but will include them in the descriptions. You'll be busy viewing and reading them all. Hope that you are all happily crafting for your Christmas!




No comments: