There's Nothing Better Than a True Friend Duo


I'm so pleased with how these turned out! I finally used my In Bloom set (which has already been used several times by both my mother and Stefanie!)!

These were just supposed to be simple cards but I forgot that Copic-ing two flowers does take some time! Both flowers were stamped on Kraft. For the flower on the left, I used the Raspberry Fizz Copic trio of colors; the flower on the right, Hibiscus Burst. They really change the effect of otherwise identical cards.

After cutting out the flowers, but before pop-dotting them onto the cards, I used a Sakura stardust gel pen to emphasize petals. I also used the same pen to draw a border on the vellum and to trace the word "friend."

The leaves were die cut out of Simply Chartreuse felt with the smaller leaf from the Delightful Dahlia set. I stamped on them using Noir Palette ink.

Each of us at Aspiring to Creativity are on different sides as to which flower color combo we like the best... Anyone else have an opinion?

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Vellum
  • Patterned Paper: In Bloom
  • Stamps: In Bloom, Delightful Dahlia
  • Ink: Noir Palette, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
  • Felt: Simply Chartreuse
  • Die: Delightful Dahlia (leaves)
  • Copics: RV04, RV17, RV19, RV10, RV13, RV14
  • Other tools: Stardust gel pen (Sakura)

No comments: