2S4Y - Kazan's Sketch 57 and Color Cue {6}

This is really exciting for me! Not only did I combine two challenges into one card, but the 2S4Y challenge winner gets to become one of the Design Team and the Color Cue {6} colors are really stunning.


I incorporated an embellishment that I've seen around lately and really wanted to try. I went a step further and created a sheet of them to give to a crafty friend who's lost her mojo (idea from Melissa Bickford who's been creating embellishment sheets galore!).



I impressed the Kraft cardstock with Spellbinders Impressibilities: Circles, added a strip of Berry Sorbet Bitty Box basics bordered with Fiskars Upper Crest punch and attached a strip of lace by taping the ends on the back of the Kraft. I then matted it on Dark Chocolate and Berry Sorbet cardstocks. The embellishments are just circles with the edges distressed with Tim Holtz's tool and damaged a bit further with my finger/thumb nail. Buttons adhered with hot glue gun. The focal piece has a strip of lace tied into the button (large holes, tiny tweezers). ;)


The interior is stamped with PTI's Studio Style stamps (Raspberry Suite): the ribbon spools in Versamark Dazzle (Frost) ink and the sentiment in Dark Chocolate ink.

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Berry Sorbet
  • Patterned Paper: 2008 Bitty Box Basics, 2008 Bitty Dot Basics
  • Stamps: Studio Style
  • Ink: VersaMark Dazzle (Frost), Dark Chocolate
  • Buttons: Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate, Cream/White assortment
  • Other tools: lace (dollar store), Spellbinders Impressibilities: Circles, Spellbinders Nestabilities: Standard Circles (sm and lg), Upper Crest border punch (Fiskars), Tim Holtz paper distresser, hot glue gun

4 comments:

Marge said...

Very cute idea! I looked at the sketch too -- a very cute one!!! Good luck!!!

Unknown said...

what a lovely interpretation of the sketch! Love the pink and kraft
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I really adore those funky embellies! They look like flowers to me, so that is what I am going with LOL!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Elise said...

THIS is darling! What a crafty, excellent celebration of Dawn's AMAZING colors and your fine talent! Thanks for sharing this with the Color Cue!