My Niece's Baptism

My husband's niece is being baptized today. I wanted to make her a card for her special day that featured mostly white with one pop of color. That pop of color was going to be the sun but I ended up having to add ribbon (a desired addition) to hide the mark made from the small scallop die I used. My intention had been to have just a black and white balloon, but it just didn't look right. I tried SEVERAL variations before settling on the one shown. It was done with Y21, used a little more in some places than others to achieve a touch of shading, and the Buttermilk Spica glitter pen (click to zoom).

My favorite thing about this card is the clouds! Those clouds were #1 on my list of must-haves from PTI on their May release. I used them to cut clouds out of my focal piece of cardstock and then impressed the background with both sides of the Linen & Canvas impression plate. I just love the effect! The focal is then popped up from the card using dimensional adhesives. I'm sure I got this idea from Maile Belles, one of my fav card designers. I then used one of the cloud cut-outs popped up over a cloud "hole." I shaded the bottom a bit with a W1 copic. The card looked a little empty still and my mom suggested little copic birds.

Overall, I'm not entirely pleased with my card but neither do I hate it.

{Supplies--all PTI unless otherwise stated}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select
  • Stamps: Up, Up & Away, Year of Flowers: Violets (sentiment)
  • Ink: Lemon Tart, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko)
  • Ribbon: Lemon Tart Swiss Dot
  • Other tools: cloud dies, Linen & Canvas impression plate, small scalloped border die, Copics: Y21, W1, 100 (black), 0 (colorless blender), Spica: buttermilk

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I really like how you used the cloud dies. I like the white and yellow color combination you used the card turned out great!! :)

Hannah said...

Darling! Perfect for a baptism.

Marge said...

I LOVE it -- everything about it!!!