Color Cue {3} and Kazan's Sketch 50 Challenges

This posting is an entry for two different challenges. You know the saying- "two birds with one stone".


Color Cue {3}                        2S4Y - Kazan's Sketch 50

Both of these challenges caught my eye. I love the colour combination which struck me as not only unique, but cheerful. The sketch I found to be more unique than some of the others I've seen and I wanted to participate.

I made this card for my eldest daughter as she will be returning to work in a week after her one year of maternity leave for their third child. While she was on leave functions and job descriptions were changed. It will all be new to her, so I want to wish her the best of luck on her return.

Paper used: sei -Claire (the patterned paper), PTI - Summer Sunrise, Melon Berry, and the blue/grey from Cor'dinations.
Spellbinders: Labels-large
Stamp: PTI - 'Wishing You' clear stamps set

I had a lot of fun making this card. Love the challenges.

7 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Such a lovely floral card! Thanks for playing along with us at 2S4Y! :)

Dawn said...

I so want to find time to play with that sketch! Love your card, the paper is so soothing, and though the colors could easily be considered more on the child-side, this is very elegant. Perfect for a woman coming from maternity leave and surely ready for some adult time!

Thanks for playing along!

Els said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the pp! They fit really well for that colorcombo!

Anonymous said...

OOH i love how you got all the colors to work so well with the sketch!!

Unknown said...

that paper is beautiful - I love how you incorporated it in the sketch
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y
:) Kazan

Elise said...

Hello, to the gorgeousness of this fabulous card! I'm just loving your use of Dawn's challenging colors {and not making them look all that CHALLENGING! hee hee} Your work is wonderful! Thanks for joining Dawn's latest Color Cue!

Michele Gross said...

Beautiful! the flowers are just amazing!