More Scrap Cards

I have so many scraps, and was in the mood to create just off the cuff as I went along instead of actually planning out the card first. These cards are the result.


Here I stmaped and heat embossed the stem of the flower on a seperate piece of cardstock, adding the flower with brad at the top.


The leaves here are from Cricut's Storybook cartridge with jewels randomly embelishing the bush.


Flowers were cut using Cricut's Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and decorated with tiny brads.


Here, I found in my scraps a stirp that had flowers cut out of it. It is a different effect. The blue scrap on the left, I used Martha Stewart's border punch. This one was fun to create due to the bright and cheerful colours, and because it is not my usual style.


In using just scraps for these cards, the colours lended well for a Baby card. I wanted this one to be used for either a boy or girl. I used another of Martha Stewart's border punches ans jewled the dot of the 'i'.

This was another fun card to make. "What other colour goes with yellow?" I asked myself. Black of course. This is the first time that I used self-adhesive embellishments of this nature. These ones are from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I then used 05-Melon green SPICA to fill in the leaves, and little rhinestones in the small circles along the vines.


I love how this card turned out. I amazed myself when it came to the stamping of the heart. I used Dew Drop's Memneto Rhubard ink, but the coverage was not as solid and dark as I wanted it to be and ended up having to stamp the heart three times before it was acceptable to me. You can't even tell that I had to do that. So I amazed myself.


Yellow scrapes again! Well blue goes with yellow. I used a Martha Stewart border punch again, and used the Cuttlebug with butterfly die cut. When embossing th butterfly with one of the folders, I inked the front side of the folder. The lighter blue paper embossed shows up raised over the darker blue ink. This turned out great. I embellished the body of the butterfly with adhesive half pearls.


Yellow, blue, and pink - again. I thought that these would be good as Easter colours too, and Easter is not far off. I used the "Happy" from a Happy Birthday stamp, and on the Cricut cut "Easter" using the Designer Calendar cartridge. The vines with blue flowers was a piece cut off from a 12" self-adhesive embellishment strip that I purchased at one of our local dollar stores.

I had fun making these cards from scraps. Of course I did not use all my scraps, and will more than likely make more cards in the near future.

No comments: