Friendship

I started this one out with just the 2 scrap deckled rectangles from Stef. I wanted to try out my new friendship stamp (quoted below) and my new Brilliance ink in Pearlescent Crimson. From there, I wanted to go sort of organic because the stamp talked about soil and such. I added the ribbon, picked the flower stamp, elongated the stem to go up the side of the card (VersaMagic Cloud White ink), added a rhinestone and then stamped the corner flourishes in Memento Tangelo. I love it except for my attempt to layer Memento Cottage Ivy ink parallel to the Cloud White. It's barely visible though so I won't cry. ;)

The quote says:

A friendship can
weather most
things and
thrive in thin
soil;
but it needs a
little mulch of
letters and
phone calls, and
small, silly
presents every
so often-
just to save it
from drying out
completely.
- Pam Brown

No comments: